Saturday, April 16, 2011

Magic Elastic Thread

So, as I have said before, I am new to the sewing world.  I have been doing it for just about a month now!  I have had a blast and am learning more and more all the time.  I will have to say that the best thing thus far that I have discovered since I started sewing is ELASTIC THREAD!!! If you have not used this before, you have to try it out! This stuff is AMAZING.  Just load it in your bobbin and away you go!!!  It does all of the work for you!  I mentioned it briefly in my Ruffle Booty Bloomers Tutorial.

I have to give credit to Susan from Living With Punks and her tutorial I found over on Momtastic.  Check it out HERE.   I took this tutorial and made this cute dress below for my little girl!  This was made from 3 bandannas I picked up at Walmart for just $1 each!!!




Here is the latest thing that I did with my elastic thread.  My kid's daycare celebrates Arkansas Children's Week each year and they sale t-shirts for the kids to wear on t-shirt day.  Well, the smallest shirt doesn't actually fit until your child is about 3 years old and my youngest is 15 months.  I wanted to do something cute for her shirt and I thought I could surely come up with something using my ELASTIC THREAD

Here is the t-shirt before:


And AFTER:

And my little baby Model! (who was not being very cooperative!)



 So, what are you waiting for???  Go out and get buy some elastic thread!!!!

1 comment:

  1. I got this web page from my friend who informed me concerning this site and
    now this time I am browsing this site and reading
    very informative articles at this time.

    Visit my site - Louis Vuitton Bags

    ReplyDelete